User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The Tranisition - LP Song Debut

The Tranisition - LP Song Debut

What's up people's? Man, I haven't posted music on here in YEARS. With that being said, I'm very curious to know what you guys think about my material now. This join is called The Transition. It's about, well yeah, you can understand the lyrics, so figure it out. Because the mix is clean and all! BOOYAH!

Links:
    http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php...rd-Animalistic
    http://rapbattles.com/showthread.php...king-No-Shorts
    Last edited by Blackflags; February 5th, 2016 at 04:34 AM

Re: The Tranisition - LP Song Debut

Hmmmmmm. Not a single reply? That's heart breaking..

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflags View Post
    Hmmmmmm. Not a single reply? That's heart breaking..
    We need more audio heads here! Put out the word. I'll leave feedback on EVERY track dropped. I'll edit this with my feedback when I get to check it out. I've still yet to get some time at home to come check the recent tracks out.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

Okay - You did your thing on this man. Your emotion was raw. Had that sort of raspy edge to it. Your first verse opened up the track really well. "Blinded by the devil while I'm yelling where is Christ at". That was a dope line. Real raw shit.

Second verse - Once again, raw emotion. I think that is the main thing that is dragging me in so far. Lyrics were all on point. Got my head nodding to this shiznay right here.

Third verse - Probably my favourite verse on this track. You finished it off with all you had and it paid off. I just can't stop myself when I keep speaking about the rawness on this track. You could hear the emotion loud & clear. If that made any sense. A long with your lyrics which were some real shit.

-

As for the beat I wasn't too sure on it though. I was sort of split between whether this suited you or not.. I'm still unsure as I'm writing this on my 3rd listen; Regardless whether it did or not, you sure did your thing.

I can't really comment on the basic fundamentals because I feel like you had everything on point and had no slip-ups.

So, overall this was some good shit. Probably not your best from my own personal opinion but for sure a good track.

Keep it up.
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole

Battle Record
    4-8

It is a shame this only has one true reply. I think the best compliment/feedback someone can give an artist is NOT line quotes, or critique flow, emotion, or anything along those lines... That is reserved for songs that have opportunities to improve...

This was simply a great song, incredibly contagious, amazing funk and rhythm. I would love to hear the rest of the album... Great song.

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards PC HOF Haiku Season Champion

Mix is good, vocals are up front, bass and percussion sits well together. I liked the choice of bass and percussion sounds to suit that hook, though when your vox come in the percussion sounds a bit too compressed/limited. It's mostly the snare that's bugging me I think, it sounds a little too "sampled" if that makes any sense, very sharp and abrupt. A softer snare sound might suit the track better, or just bring in a bit more verb send on it.

I think a little more verb on the hook and maybe bringing the delay down a db or 2 might make for a better contrast between it and your own vocals as well as give that guitar more space to breathe. Other than the snare, your vox are the only really "aggressive" part of the track, so having those really up front and contrasted by the more spacious hook is a nice touch, I just think you could take that contrast a touch further to really emphasise it. Not sure what that one HF screechy kinda sound is supposed to be, but it nagged at me a bit. Only element that didn't seem to fit. A fade out rather than an abrupt finish would probably suit this track better as well.

All little things tho, overall sounds great, you could easily leave it as is.

Soule

That beat is fire. Kinda gives me that Jedi mind tricks / immortal tech vibe. Your flow on this piece is fucking brutal man. Loved it from start to finish. You kinda remind me of Mac Lethal a bit. Definitely a compliment. Overall loved the track, I'd download it and rock it in the car no prob.

Native Styles

Hey man, strong voice and flow, nice lyrics.. Not overly keen on the beat but that's a preference thing, end of the day it sounds nice and it's well produced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Purpose View Post
    Mix is good, vocals are up front, bass and percussion sits well together. I liked the choice of bass and percussion sounds to suit that hook, though when your vox come in the percussion sounds a bit too compressed/limited. It's mostly the snare that's bugging me I think, it sounds a little too "sampled" if that makes any sense, very sharp and abrupt. A softer snare sound might suit the track better, or just bring in a bit more verb send on it.

I think a little more verb on the hook and maybe bringing the delay down a db or 2 might make for a better contrast between it and your own vocals as well as give that guitar more space to breathe. Other than the snare, your vox are the only really "aggressive" part of the track, so having those really up front and contrasted by the more spacious hook is a nice touch, I just think you could take that contrast a touch further to really emphasise it. Not sure what that one HF screechy kinda sound is supposed to be, but it nagged at me a bit. Only element that didn't seem to fit. A fade out rather than an abrupt finish would probably suit this track better as well.

All little things tho, overall sounds great, you could easily leave it as is.

I appreciate this man. Really, I do. That lets me know I can adjust the snare. Yeah, I full mixed and pre-mastered this, with all the stems. So, what I will do is widen the snare out, eq it a bit, and give it a softer touch. This was the first one, so i am definitely going to make changes before the entire album drop. I'm going to scan for this noise, as that is one of my pet peeves as well. Can you tell me exactly where it is, time wise? Yeah, my producer sent me the sample with the delay already on it, so what I think I will do is get him to send it raw, and re-create the delay, with less slapback, and a smoother reverb on it. See this is what I love. THIS is the critical ear, point outs I love. I appreciate this fam. Finished product will be perfect!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
    Okay - You did your thing on this man. Your emotion was raw. Had that sort of raspy edge to it. Your first verse opened up the track really well. "Blinded by the devil while I'm yelling where is Christ at". That was a dope line. Real raw shit.

Second verse - Once again, raw emotion. I think that is the main thing that is dragging me in so far. Lyrics were all on point. Got my head nodding to this shiznay right here.

Third verse - Probably my favourite verse on this track. You finished it off with all you had and it paid off. I just can't stop myself when I keep speaking about the rawness on this track. You could hear the emotion loud & clear. If that made any sense. A long with your lyrics which were some real shit.

-

As for the beat I wasn't too sure on it though. I was sort of split between whether this suited you or not.. I'm still unsure as I'm writing this on my 3rd listen; Regardless whether it did or not, you sure did your thing.

I can't really comment on the basic fundamentals because I feel like you had everything on point and had no slip-ups.

So, overall this was some good shit. Probably not your best from my own personal opinion but for sure a good track.

Keep it up.
    Mimic I am trying out a new "progressive" sound, if that makes sense. I want a lot of rock infused in my hip hop, as it's what I grew up with. Thank you SO MUCH for these kind words dude. PLEASE get at me on facebook mate, as I want to do music with you. I really appreciate the support man!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boston View Post
    It is a shame this only has one true reply. I think the best compliment/feedback someone can give an artist is NOT line quotes, or critique flow, emotion, or anything along those lines... That is reserved for songs that have opportunities to improve...

This was simply a great song, incredibly contagious, amazing funk and rhythm. I would love to hear the rest of the album... Great song.
    Boston I appreciate that love man. It took me 15 years to get to where I am, and I'm still learning, but I'm glad people are starting to see the grasp I have on it, and complimenting it. Words like these will mean more than any amount of money I would make off of music! Thank you man, TRULY!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viral View Post
    That beat is fire. Kinda gives me that Jedi mind tricks / immortal tech vibe. Your flow on this piece is fucking brutal man. Loved it from start to finish. You kinda remind me of Mac Lethal a bit. Definitely a compliment. Overall loved the track, I'd download it and rock it in the car no prob.
    Viral, thank you so much. I've never been compared to Mac Lethal, but for SURE I take that as a compliment. Besides Eminem(obviously, lol), I've only been compared to Q-Tip, which is fine with me, haha, and now Mac. That's pretty cool man. Thank you a lot dude. I really appreciate it. My LP will be SO many different sounds. Like, this is the raw underground flow. I'll have about 5 or more different styles on it. And it is for free download my friend, so enjoy! Let me know how the car test goes. Please feel free to point out ANY technicalities, as it will help me learn!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Man Called Seb View Post
    Hey man, strong voice and flow, nice lyrics.. Not overly keen on the beat but that's a preference thing, end of the day it sounds nice and it's well produced.
    Thank you man. Yeah I feel you definitely. People are gonna like the production or they aren't. It's from a 1969 progressive rock singer. I grew up on shit like that, so I fancy it, but not everyone does. I INSANELY appreciate that, even though you didn't prefer it, you still pointed out it was well produced, so that shows me it's well structured. Thank you so kindly for the love man!!!!!

Soule

I'll keep in touch fam. Pm me some download links to different shit from you and I'll bump it all on my road trip next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hardy View Post
    I'll keep in touch fam. Pm me some download links to different shit from you and I'll bump it all on my road trip next weekend.
    You got it man. www.soundcloud.com/blackflagstherapper and www.blackflagsmusic.bandcamp.com

Soule

Fucking dope. I'll download a bunch of it and get it on a cd tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards PC HOF Haiku Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflags View Post
    I'm going to scan for this noise, as that is one of my pet peeves as well. Can you tell me exactly where it is, time wise? Yeah, my producer sent me the sample with the delay already on it, so what I think I will do is get him to send it raw, and re-create the delay, with less slapback, and a smoother reverb on it.
    Yeah producers tend to make each element interesting enough to pop on its own, which can be great, but can also be detrimental in a full mix where everything needs to sit together just so... that sound I was talking about is that kind of industrial whine first heard at 4 seconds in. It kind of adds to the track in that it fills a small gap in the beat every so often, but I dunno man, as a sound itself it was just buggin at me. Props on doing the mix from stems tho and not just slapping vox over a pre-made beat like so many do. Raw stems always give you more options, but it is nice when you get something that just works straightaway haha