Thread: Checka Fred & Otitis- Graveyard Shift Album Review

Battle Record
    12-18

Checka Fred & Otitis- Graveyard Shift Album Review

Checka Fred & Otitis
    Graveyard Shift

http://www.datpiff.com/Checka-Fred-O...pe.248532.html

Check Fred has made quite a name for himself on RB.
    He is currently undefeated in ABL & was last seasons champion.

Checka Fred & Otitis return with their follow up to their 2009 underground album "Problem Style" with a new LP, "Graveyard Shift." The album was entirely recorded, mixed, and mastered in the span of 24 hours. Fred and O.T.'s goal with this album was to cover many different styles and expand their sound to appeal to any listener.

Tracklist

1. No Grave - The Johnny Cash sample at the beggining & outro is pretty cool. Checka kicks in first with a very solid flow & solid rhymes. The beat is pretty dope on this. Checka fit this song real well & added to the vibe. Overall this track was short but it was dope. Nice intro.

8/10

2. One Shot Kill - This beat is really dope, I feel it alot. First verse is solid, matches the beat, perfect delivery for it as well. The hook is my favorite part on this song I thouhgt it was real nice. Second verse starts off right where the first ended it felt like. Third verse was solid.. Overall this song is dope.

8/10

3. I Never Left - I'm feeling the vibe on this song, Checka comes nice. I think with a better mix this song could really shine alot more. Regardless the hook on this was real solid as well. Definately a nice track.

8.5/10

4. The Knock - What I really like about this album so far is each song compliments the others in terms of the vibe.. sorte of like Nas's Illmatic if you get what I'm saying.. the type of album you can play start to finish & not be caught off guard by a random sounding song. This song is nice, once again I think the hook was real solid. I was really feeling the third verse on this. Whole song is nice.

7.5/10

5. Cruiz Control On 100 (ft. JK Specific) - This song starts off dope, really feeling Checka's first verse here. The hook was different but it was cool. Checka is as solid at hooks as he is at other things I've concluded. JK came nice on the third verse, I was feeling it.

7/10

6. Modern Warefare (ft. Fatol B Magic) - I think the first verse was nice on this. I was feeling the delivery/emotion & thought it was overall dope. I liked the second verse flow, shit was pretty nice. This is a dope song. I didn't feel the way the third verse kicked in.. the part before Checka kicks in.. it felt aquward & didn't flow to the beat. Checka comes in & does pretty ill. Overall this song is really sick except for the 1 part I described, kinda throws the track off for a minute there.

8/10

7. Ganja Bay (ft. Shawn Mac) - This song has the best quality of all the songs so far I feel. The hook for this was really really dope. I was really feeling the way this song was presented. Checka did his thing. I really felt the second verse thought it was cool & enjoyed the flow it was different, delivery really added to the verse too. Overall I was really feeling this track!

8.5/10

8. Leave A Message - This song was cool. None of the hooks have failed me on this album so far, really feeling them all. It's definately impressive this was all recorded in a day. This is a nice song. I feel like with a better mix this song could be amazing.

9/10

9. Bored By Myself - I was feeling the delivery for this, it fit the beat nice. This song is real mellow.. overall this is the song for the wimminz. For what it is I thought it was done well.

7/10

10. Let Go - This is 1 of my favorite songs on the album easily.. Checka spitting real on this. It's dope. The hook is alright but it is not the strongest hook on the album. I really felt each verse, thought they were all captivating, kept my interest to the fullest. Real dope song.

8.5/10

11. No Questions Asked - This beat was different but dope. Really felt the vibe to this song had a bit of hype. First verse started this song off real strong. The flow on this was really dope. Overall I really liked this song, it was 1 of my favorites on this album as well & was done really well in every aspect.

9/10

12. The Simple Life (ft. Paco Jiggins) - I'm really feeling like the second half of this album is stronger than the first half.. this song is dope... so dope. Everything about this song was hot. Ya'll gotta check this 1 out for sure. This song had a mix of vibes. Overall another one of my favorite song on the album... everything was done really well on it.

10/10

13. Think It Over - This song was cool. Another mellow track. I was really feeling Checka's flow on this track, his delivery killed it - in a good way. Overall it's another song for the chicks but I was digging this 1, had a really dope mellow vibe.

8.5/10

14. Biggest Stage - This was a interesting beat. I think Checka & Otitis nailed their goal to make this album appeal to the masses... there really is a song for everyone. This song was cool, Checka has a real vicious flow, really polished. Overall another solid song.. there is no low point on this album.

7.5/10

15. Point Of No Return - Another captivating track, Checka saying some real shit. Really feeling this track due to the sincerity in it. Man, the hook on this is awesome. This track is great.. ya'll gotta check this track out. The third track on this song is my favorite verse Checka spits on the whole album.. 1 line I gotta quote... "it ain't the songs I'm putting out, it's what I'm putting in my songs"

This is my favorite song on the album.

10/10

16. Good Night (ft. MC Frank P) - This is the song I was most looking forward too when I was scimming thru the tracklist. Frank P did real nice, really sick verse. I was digging what Checka had to say on his verse. Overall this was dope, a real nice outro..

8.5/10

Overall 8.5/10
    This was a verse consistant album.. there was NO low points. In the review intro it states they were trying to make songs to appeal to any hip hop listener.. and I feel they definately acheived that for the most part. The hooks are really great on this album & there is some mean verses. Definately worth a listen... everybody on this site should be supporting RB Artists this talented...

Battle Record
    2-0

Re: Checka Fred & Otitis- Graveyard Shift Album Re

Preciate the thorough review man... thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Battle Record
    12-8

Yup. This album is dope as fuck.

Battle Record
    12-18

NP Checka, anytime

upping for more ppl to see