Thread: Voting

Mindless Self-Engulfed In Moniker's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Re: Voting

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    Well I did hear a lot of:

"Obama is running half a a candidate and half as a bi-racial man" and shit along those lines on tv.

and some people are saying:
    "I want the first black president to happen in my lifetime"
    others:
    "a BLACK president? Not in my fucking lifetime!"

I want to witness history which wold draw me towards Barrak, sure. I cant actually vote obviously but Id never vote a Bush puppet into power. So Id definetly vote Obama - yes, partly because of his race. And I hope other people do simply because I want Obama to win. I hope he slaps Gordon Brown for looking like a depressed motherfucker.
    And I want the first minister of my country to meet Obama - after all; many of their views are the same.
    I love how Obama has been heralded as Black. The dude is half black at best, his mother was white and his father was kenyan. But listen, if you're trying to talk about race, then stop looking at just the black people as supporting Obama based on color. When you have the majority of hip hop/rap sales coming from white kids in suburbia, is it any wonder they would also be supporting Obama based on his "blackness" I mean really. But nowadays it's more about his celebrity status then it is about how well he would do as a president. If we needed an American mascot, then sure, he can have the job. But when I talk to people out here in Boston who support Obama (mainly white upper/middle classers) and ask them about specific issues they have no valid answer or even know what I'm talking about. And Obama's not even clear on his own stances, lol. This was recently said by Huckabee about Obama "This is now beginning to show that Barack Obama can do a great headline, but he can't write the story."
    A ruthless
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    30-12

Re: Voting

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    I love how Obama has been heralded as Black. The dude is half black at best, his mother was white and his father was kenyan. But listen, if you're trying to talk about race, then stop looking at just the black people as supporting Obama based on color. When you have the majority of hip hop/rap sales coming from white kids in suburbia, is it any wonder they would also be supporting Obama based on his "blackness" I mean really. But nowadays it's more about his celebrity status then it is about how well he would do as a president. If we needed an American mascot, then sure, he can have the job. But when I talk to people out here in Boston who support Obama (mainly white upper/middle classers) and ask them about specific issues they have no valid answer or even know what I'm talking about. And Obama's not even clear on his own stances, lol. This was recently said by Huckabee about Obama "This is now beginning to show that Barack Obama can do a great headline, but he can't write the story."

You act like McCain doesn't flip-flop every 3 months, too. . .

I'm not saying Obama is this savior that gullible people are taking him as. . . but McCain said the other day that we need to bolster our troops in Afghanistan because Al-Qaeda is crossing the border into Iraq. .

He also said that Al-Qaeda is in Iran. .

Not to mention the fact that he isn't running on a real platform, either. Why vote for McCain? I mean REALLY? So more jobs will go overseas? So that his advisors with war hard-ons can tell him that we need to go into Tehran? Because Jesus gays and abortion?

Geraldine Ferraro may have been right when she said that if Obama was white, he wouldn't even be in the running. . . but come on. . . McCain is so far out in left and out of touch it isn't funny. And I genuinely believe that Obama wants to help people. . . even if he doesn't have a firm platform, he's our best realistic option.