User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Rapping While Petting My Kitten

Rapping While Petting My Kitten

Yeah you read that right. I recorded a verse while petting my cat. And Recorded me recording a verse while petting my cat. -- video is sort of in the style of a Mac Lethal video.. at least that's where the idea came from. I might add a hook and another verse or two, I'm not sure.. but

here it is

Yes, those are the lyrics on the screen that I'm looking at. And yes, I did go back and add 2 dub tracks after I recorded and mixed the main vocals. But you get the picture.

The beat was produced by dbPROducer, you can find it here
    Last edited by Nicktorious; June 20th, 2018 at 09:17 PM

Battle Record
    2-4

Re: Rapping While Petting My Kitten

your voice really reminds me of either someone ive worked with before or
    someone i've just randomly came across..cool video concept man. mixing on this
    was pretty clean Neumann Mic? The instrumental was dope for sure. this is
    10x better than the last track i peeped. [i wasn't hating i was trying to give
    constructive criticism verse just trying to tell you what you'd like to hear]
    str8 promo. video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[i wasn't hating i was trying to give
    constructive criticism verse just trying to tell you what you'd like to hear]
    you're good man I got you.. That last track wasn't really meant to be taken serious, was just having fun and what not

the mic is actually an MXL 990 plugged into a Focusrite Scarlett Solo, and I mean as far as quality goes for the money I paid ($99 each) I'm pretty happy with the qaulity.. the mic is actually only like 70 bucks now.. and I'm surprised the vocals came out as clean as they did because, as you can see, I wasn't inside my little makeshift isolation booth or nothing lol.. that closet to the side of me (which is closed) is usually where I hang the mic and I put up a little makeshift frame with some big thick blankets hanging down to make a little booth.. I digress.. thanks for the feedback!

Battle Record
    2-4

oh no shit? did you cop it recently because i know they went back and re-issued them to a larger diaphragm.
    [which in this looks like a Neumann TLM102] good shit though focusrite makes solid preamps and interfaces

I think this one might have been one of the revisions that they released, I got mine at a second hand music/instrument store, but it came with the shock mount, a carrying case, a regular (non shock) mount and some extra bands for the shock mount, and the color of it is different than the other ones I've seen online.. mine is like a gold-ish and the ones I saw were silver-ish.. so probably is the re-issue one. I was using the Blue Yeti before that but that was just a USB mic and it didn't really pick up any of the low end in my voice which you can kind of hear in that Reflections song I posted, this MXL one though I feel like pics up the low and high end pretty decently

Battle Record
    2-4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicktorious View Post
    I think this one might have been one of the revisions that they released, I got mine at a second hand music/instrument store, but it came with the shock mount, a carrying case, a regular (non shock) mount and some extra bands for the shock mount, and the color of it is different than the other ones I've seen online.. mine is like a gold-ish and the ones I saw were silver-ish.. so probably is the re-issue one. I was using the Blue Yeti before that but that was just a USB mic and it didn't really pick up any of the low end in my voice which you can kind of hear in that Reflections song I posted, this MXL one though I feel like pics up the low and high end pretty decently
    yeah, dont get the yeti fucked up though Blue makes some of the best mics out there! I've never experimented with a Yeti but i personally use and have used the Spark/Baby bottle/Bluebird all amazing mics for the $$

lol ive never been so distracted by a cat in a video in my life haha...
    nice freestyle homie, your delivery actually came out out real clean to this joint

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

I'm kind of salty that you neglected the cat with the petting. At one point it had to start licking itself. That's what drew me in on the title lol. Can't say I can record a verse while petting my cat, but still. This is your thread.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

thanks for the feed, I think?