where a yo-yo spins
    Eternally. Up and down
    When I think of Peace, it spins around
    Noosing my neck; depleting my blood
    Stopping it, in its track
    It's never safe, going to hell
    It's never easy, coming back
    Last edited by Emily; May 7th, 2016 at 09:02 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

Re: So...

i think the harshness of this is what i like about it. so set in stone that things are repetitive, the same thoughts, over and over, getting darker every time they enter your mind. peace being that end all moment, wanting it, even thinking about the emptiness, the freedom, ties up the noose and all but wraps itself around your neck. i really liked the last 2 lines. it tied everything up (no pun intended, just kidding, the pun is intended)

anyway, i really liked this. the reality, the anguish, it's great. good read. it's one of those pieces that looms over me, a hint of worry unsure if it should be there. but, great writing, and great way of conveying emotion, or lack thereof. i'm not sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Noosing my neck.

That was s great phrase. This is way to short lil mama. Write soem more lol
    This had a good feel to it and it was buidling nicely. Wish there was more though
    DamNation

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    ...There's a hole in my mind
    where a yo-yo spins
    Eternally. Up and down
    When I think of Peace, it spins around

I want you to write more because I'm selfish, and that there is a great element of an underlying tone that remains prevalent in a lot of your pieces. I'd like to dwell there in a large chunk of poetry! Perhaps underlying isn't the right word, as Jukon put it; the harshness. It's there, but it also the casual nature of it. The yo-yo spins. Up and down. Again, and again. What is life, if not repetition in many aspects... The hole in your mind. I like that little bit. As though there's something missing up there, kind of a different view than a hole in one's heart. A hole in the mind that prevents one from acquiring a sense of stillness and peace.

Noosing my neck; depleting my blood
    Stopping it, in its track
    It's never safe, going to hell
    It's never easy, coming back

Noosing my neck was nice. When you try to think of the calm, something up there wraps around your neck and chokes you. You've been to hell, and are trying to climb back with a rope around your neck that gets tighter and tighter the further you crawl upwards out of that hell. Question is, will you let the rope choke you and pull you back, or will you take those scars but break the nylon and free yourself. 'So...' is a nice title for this. I almost get a sense of apathy, and the difficulties of finding a way out of that trap. Personally speaking, I wasn't fond of the final three lines as I was the first five. The first five gave me that unique vibe I know comes from you, but the final three felt used/overused; I could see anyone write that. That's just me, take what you will. I have to provide some critical feedback as well. I still want more. I'm greedy.
    Enjoyable read, as short as it was. Thanks for that, Em.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

Coal to the furnace Cody Phoenix's Avatar
    Awards OM HOF

Inception-like. Cool. A sense of despair and hopelessness... that feel of something constantly eluding you. You weaved all this together to create some kind of melancholic/somber mindfuck. Real dope. I'd say it's lacking content but sometimes, 'less is more'.
    I'm a depressed happy cunt. Don't fuck with me. I love you, but I'm crazy.[/I]