User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Poeta demonio vs. Topic

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

Poeta demonio vs. Topic

Due Monday (Battles are now set wednesday)
    Check in by Thursday
    The new link rule is 2, Anyone who doesn't follow that will be dq'd from this week onwards.

Have a good week people...

Topic: Desparado of the moon
    Last edited by Poeta Demonio; March 12th, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    AI

“¡Viva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF
    Last edited by Poeta Demonio; March 19th, 2009 at 05:00 PM
    AI

“¡Viva la Revolución!”

Topic
    Battle Record
    3-3

Re: Poeta demonio vs. Topic

im in
    Scytsophrenia

Topic
    Battle Record
    3-3

Desparodo of The Moon

The filth covers this baron land, dirt, musk smell reaching out like a caring hand
    Taking what’s not a man’s. Until the masses began to resist to understand
    He was clothed with bland, colorless, but he made perfect sense out of this
    Crouched in knee deep democracy, hands open, but emerged with fifty fists
    Shaking in turns at the filthy lists, at night time only, the light did not kiss
    Gently with a good wish. So he gathered masses. Those looking for more
    Looking to score, searching through drawers and those eyes wide for a door
    To take them to where they were promised by pseudo lore. He was their last try
    Leader of the revolution. They called him Crater Face because he had no holes in his lies
    A soul in his creation, just shy, But all promised to return with the darkness in the skies
    Then there would be no cries, no patron in disguise just change at night time
    But when light drives past to the west, dust settled, heart pounding in his chest
    Groping his plans. Solidifying his crest he waited some time for the rest
    Broken promises bring the bless of having to act alone with his own intentions
    Under moon, he couldn’t wait for absent men and began his parade as he went in
    Devouring movements, he charged as the royal kin sent him their tone of the defensive
    Falling with a split chin, he couldn’t wait for his followers to help to mince them
    Laying pensive, regret pounded, but he could see in the distance of what seemed a vision
    As the masses summoned, taking their time, beginning what he hoped to be his offensive
    Last edited by Topic; March 16th, 2009 at 03:53 PM
    Scytsophrenia

Battle Record
    18-1

I need a one day extention dude, sooooo fucking busy this week and just been doing course work perminantly, plus i had to write for that AI battle tonight and it just took it out of me... so i'd really apreciate it dude
    AI

“¡Viva la Revolución!”

Topic
    Battle Record
    3-3

no problem i understand I wrote that in my 1885-1990 survey of american history course...time management haha. good luck with your work
    Scytsophrenia

Battle Record
    18-1

My eyes roll back, strapped to forced lids
    Stretched open by corpse like focus, chocking on
    The remains of night as I delve into an ocean
    Of insomniac commotion, Not quite awake yet
    I still go through the motions, get up, drink
    Coffee, but no sleep, these eyes remain open!
    The days pass by, the sheets spreading out arms,
    Welcome me in, but I can’t give in to its charms,
    My only solace is a summer breeze acting as my
    Alarm, so until I break free I’ll keep reality hidden
    In my palms; People think I’m normal, a little tired
    Is their guess, if only they knew that Mr bright eyes
    Was actually Mr depressed! A secret smile, staged
    If you will, a costume change, a direct opposite of
    How I feel; Curtains locked together no matter
    Time of day nor weather, it’s an escape from the
    Pain, a chance to salvage remains of this severed tether
    I learnt to cope through what ever the situation,
    Grew impatient of waiting for things to change,
    So I go with the programme, even though my brains
    Been re-arranged into a solitary cage;
    I was made this way, designed by architects of rage,
    They tortured my childhood and cracked the picture
    Frames… I maimed myself with razor blades to wipe
    Away the memories, but I dug so deep I found
    Out I was in fact my worst enemy! I’m a slave to the
    Night, forged image reflected by candle light, and engorged
    With-in my image is a shadow of truth, a silent moving force
    That reminds you of… you…
    We’ll all wondering this world alone and confused…
    Difference is, I except my role as desperado of the moon.
    AI

“¡Viva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    24-7

Topic -
    First and foremost, before I even began reading I drew the conclusion that your lines were excessively long. Upon reading, it still flowed but it was basic, and choppy in some places - still it was very stretched even to be read. Aside from that, imagery was nice and on point - emotion wasn't lacking but it wasn't really hitting him either. THe approach to the topic was something different, so I'll give you that - it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, so kudos. It seems as though you tried to pack too much into too little amount of lines, there's not really a line limit; don't ruin your flow and stretch lines to try to compact your verse dude.

Poeta -
    I expect dope drops from you every week and I get something sub-par, or half of it's dope but something lacks. Your rhyme scheme, and flow are probably going to get confusing to some heads in this league because not everyone realizes you DON'T have to rhyme at the end of a bar. Personally, I felt when I didn't catch myself looking for that end rhyme, everything in this fit together and flowed fluidly. Imagery was nice here, it conveyed your approach on the topic well, but it seems as though the piece was kind of scattered - the two closing lines may have saved it for you. Nice emotion throughout aswell.

A suggestion to both of you; start working multis into your pieces, and both should work on your aspects of delivery, technicals. Multis, rhyme scheme, and flow.

v.Poeta
    ScytsoPhrenia
    CrazyDope

Put down the pebbles in my hand, climbed a ladder, put a brick right through your window.
    "You're gonna hear me out." Yeah, hear me out on this!

Whatever, Fuck You HighEngineChief's Avatar
    Battle Record
    15-6

Topic -
    You had a pretty good rhyme scheme and some dope areas even though the flow was a little long winded and the font was too small. This felt like a strongly progressing piece that needed to build and build momentum, which you did pretty well through out most of it, but where it really lacked is where most of these kinds of pieces do, the end. It was too abrupt, there wasn't any closure and what's worst is that in the end it reflects on how much I didn't understand about the story itself. I liked the imagery and rhyme scheme, even the energy was good - but the finish was disapointing.

Poeta -
    This was a dope drop, not your best or the most you could have done with this topic but you still came with some sick imagery with dark metaphores, you really set the perfect tone here. The language is cool, appropriate for the tone, you had some nice word choices and even though you didn't rhyme within a pattern, you used the proper punctuation in most places and it made the flow real smooth so good job there - not like in IE, no punctuation = wtf? / lol Great Job!

V/ Poeta

Still in the grave Johnny 6-feet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-1

Topic- It took me 2 reads, but i think i figured out what this piece was about it was a solid take on the topic but not really reader-friendly, the vocab was complex and imagery was decent but fractured. It felt like you were jumping erratically from one metaphor to another which just made the whole thing hard to follow. I can see you've got a lot of potential topical ability from this verse, you just need to keep a little more in touch with the 'reality' of the piece and stop overstretching your lines.

Poeta- An insomniac huh? I liked that as a take on the topic and you brought it to life with consistently strong imagery and a smooth rhyme scheme, which threw me initially because you didn't drop rhymes at the end of some lines, but once i got into it it worked fine. The vocab was solid, not over the top and you finished the piece with a nice little closing statment which brought the piece together. Good work.

Vote- poeta, just a better all round drop.

SS League Record 31-8
    SS HW Champ
    14 x OM HoF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-1

3-0 poeta wins
    AI

“¡Viva la Revolución!”