User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Composition

Composition

I'm enjoying coming up with melodies and doing the drums for a beat.

But i can't seem to string a bunch of parts together to make them whole. Like i'll come up with a dope melody and have it fit the beat perfect, but i can't seem to mke any good soundig transition. Essentially i don't know how to compose a whole beat.

Any tips appreciated.

efgeesus
    I'm an audio bully, I hit play

PEEP MY OPEN MICS: iT IS WHAT IT IS, FAR FROM CLASSIC, EVERLASTIN', THE DEVIL MAKES WORK..

Re: Composition

nada?
    I'm an audio bully, I hit play

PEEP MY OPEN MICS: iT IS WHAT IT IS, FAR FROM CLASSIC, EVERLASTIN', THE DEVIL MAKES WORK..

ada

if you think you have a nice melody, you can do all sorts of things with it without necessarily adding dozens of other instruments. just add a layer of strings maybe, which usually works for chorus/verse/chorus/verse type songs. percussions are also pretty essential, toms and bongo's give melodies that extra flavour. It all comes down to how you wish to present the music to the audience tho.
    microbandits.com - new track up daily

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

made by a good friend o' mine

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

try keeping it simple by adding reverb/delays/other fx to help progress the beat. you can automate the reverb to only come on in the hook or only come on in a transition.
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

You've Earned a Custom Title!

i didnt get wut u said right, r u sayin u can come up wit 1 melody, but can't orchestrate around it?? like comin up wit other melodies to accent/harmonize/go with it?
    check this out.... jus find the scale, all the keys that match/are harmonic wit ur melody line, once u kno em all, jus play wit em, n create...its like, now u got all ur ingredients to cook ur meal, jus gotta add em together right...simple as that really... n also i wouldnt stick wit any melody line that harmonizes wit ur MAIN line u played in, keep lookin for THAT melody, u'll know when u play it....
    id talk more about it but i wasnt taught music n do it all by ear so its hard to put it down in writing wit the terminology...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.